Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Swimming is Winning#


I Finally got back into the pool today Folks! With all the rain we have been having the last days over here you would think one would be sick of water.  I have said many times in previous posts, that it has been months since I have been in the water since my last race, before off season began.  Today's goal was 45min to 1hr  of easy swimming. It was awesome to be back in the water today swimming.  Some time ago when I first started Triathlons, it was my leas favorite discipline.  during the course of last year in training for my Ironman with all the swimming volume put in, I began to really enjoy it. Swimming is the first portion of the race, so to be comfortable in the water can really start off a great race. 

I have still lots of swimming to do before HITS Ocala Triathlon, but I am confident that with hard work and time spent in the water.  I will be ready to tackle my first race.  Its a race I did last year down in Ocala, Florida.  The race is in a Lake, which is good for calm waters also.  Its a nice out and back 2 loop course.
I left the pool today smiling and excited for my next schedule return.  What I am really looking forward to is the open water swims when the temperatures begin to warm up again. 
Even though I still miss these days of swimming with my friends.  we were the ones in the chat lane of course.  Its amazing how we got any training in. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment